Released in March 2021, the Roborock S7 is just as impressive as the previous models. However, does it improve on the previous Roborock S6 MaxV and S5 Max models enough to justify an upgrade?
There are many things to like about the new Roborock S7 model, such as its powerful moping technology and smart carpet lift feature. But, on the other hand, it lacks the same navigational camera add-on we know and love in the Roborock S6 MaxV or the attractive price tag of the S5 Max.
So, let’s jump in and see how the new Roborock S7 compares to the previous models…
What Are Roborock Smart Vacuums?
Robot vacuums have come a long way in the last decade, with newer and better models constantly being released.
With impressive technology like the mapping function, object detection, remote control, and scheduling, it’s easy to see why we are fans of this smart home technology.
Considering most of us lead fast-paced lives, it makes sense to invest in something that we can set and forget about while we go about our day.
A Roborock smart vacuum does just that. All you need to do is go into the Roborock app, click Start, and off it goes! Plus, it has other interactive features like Alexa voice control and room mapping.
While a smart vacuum might not be as efficient at getting inside all of the nooks and crannies as a traditional vacuum cleaner, it still eliminates a significant portion of your cleaning time. A Roborock vacuum is also convenient if you have pets or small children that frequently dirty the floor—eliminating the need to have a sweeping brush on hand at all times.
Roborock vacuums tend to have an attractive compact design as well. This makes it easier for this little guy to effectively go under your furniture and even navigate around your pet using their advanced sensors.
Some models even include mopping technology which significantly doubles their cleaning power.
What Improvements Does the Roborock S7 Bring?
The Roborock S7 comes with a few new additions when compared to the previous models, such as:
- Improved mopping function: The S7 model’s biggest selling point is its combination of vacuuming and mopping power. Plus, its “Sonic Mopping Technology” scrubs up to 3,000 times per minute, and you can program it both vacuum and mop throughout the day.
- Auto empty dock coming soon: Pretty soon, you’ll be able to pair your new Roboock S7 with a compatible Auto Empty Dock that’s due to be released any day now. This means you won’t need to worry about emptying your Robrock since it will take care of that itself. On top of that, it will act as a charging station, too!
- Carpet sensing technology: A well-thought-out addition to the Roborock S7 is its carpet sensing technology. The smart vacuum can intelligently detect when it’s on a carpet and increase its suction accordingly. Pretty handy if you have pets that shed a lot!
- Higher dustbin volume: While it’s only 10ml more than the last two models, it’s still something to note. Having a higher dustbin capacity ensures that your smart vacuum doesn’t need to be cleaned out as often.
- Upgraded floating brush: The S7’s new upgraded floating brush is a minor improvement from the last two models. Simply put, it means that the brush will maintain closer contact with the floor during cleaning—which is better for more uneven surfaces.
Is the New Roborock S7 Worth It?
If you’re looking for a smart vacuum that’ll clean your home unsupervised, then the Roborock S7 is well worth it.
However, it’s worth noting that this model is pricier than its predecessors, especially when considering that the Roborock S6 MaxV includes dual-camera navigation. This handy feature helps it avoid and maneuver around objects, whereas the S7 model mainly relies on its sensors alone.
A winning factor for the S7 is the future compatibility with an Auto Empty Dock, which is a convenient addition. Especially when considering that the S7 model comes with a longer charge time which means you can leave the robot vacuum unattended while away and simply program it to clean your home as often as you wish via the app.
How Does Roborock S7 Stack Up to Its Competition?
While the S7 model does have some attractive features, there other models of robot vacuum with impressive features, such as:
The Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo T8 Robot Vacuum comes with smart detection, allowing it to efficiently avoid any small or large objects in your home. Plus, its advanced “TrueMapping Technology” will effectively map out your house for faster cleaning.
The Proscenic M7 Pro LDS Robot Vacuum offers smart integration with Alexa voice control, laser navigation, and multi-floor mapping. It’s also well designed for carpets and hardwood floors.
The Neato Robotics D7 Robot Vacuum comes with interesting features such as “Turbo Mode” for a deeper cleaning (which is perfect for carpets). Plus, the “Zone cleaning” function allows you to set specific areas to be cleaned on demand.
The iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum offers decent cleaning power without breaking the bank. And Roomba is Roborock’s biggest competitor in this smart home sector.
These are just some of the brands to look out for when you’re thinking of buying a smart vacuum. You can also check out our take on the best multi-room mapping robot vacuums for more options.
The Roborock S7: Price and Availability
As far as the price goes, the Roborock S7 isn’t the cheapest model out there. However, it is widely available to buy, and you can purchase the new model through the official Roborock website or via Amazon.
The Roborock S7: Our Conclusions
It should go without saying that the new Roborock S7 packs quite a punch when it comes to cleaning. Its combination of mopping and vacuuming puts most models to shame, and its future compatibility with the Auto Empty Dock station is a bonus not to be sneered at.
However, if you want something that offers a good clean without the bells and whistles, the Roborock S6 MaxV is also worth considering.
Pick your feet up, as three new automated cleaners from Neato are making their way to you.
About The Author