Learn how to send tabs from your phone to your computer in Firefox and vice versa.
Need to send tabs from your phone to your computer or vice versa? Fortunately, Firefox’s tab sharing feature allows you to send tabs or web pages across your devices.
This way, you can keep track of all your open tabs across all your devices and easily pick up tasks from where you left off. Here’s everything you need to know about tab sharing in Firefox.
Tab Sharing Requirements in Firefox
To be able to share tabs in Firefox, it goes without saying that you will need to install Mozilla Firefox on all your devices. You will also need to be signed in to your Firefox account across all your synced devices to make tab sharing possible.
Firefox supports the Send Tab feature by default. However, you should confirm that your tabs are set to close manually on your mobile device. To do this, open Firefox on your smartphone or tablet, and tap the three dots button. From there, navigate to Settings > Tabs. Tabs should be set to close Manually.
How to Send Firefox Tabs From Your Computer to Your Phone
Here’s how to send tabs from your computer to your smartphone or tablet using Firefox:
- Open the tab you want to send.
- Right-click on it, and select Send Tab to Device from the context menu.
Choose your preferred device, and click on it to send the tab.
- You will then receive a notification on your smartphone. Tap on it to open the tab.
How to Send Firefox Tabs From Your Phone to Your Computer
Here’s how to send tabs from your smartphone to your computer. Although the steps are similar for both Android and iOS devices, there is a slight difference:
- Open the tab you want to send, and tap on the three dots menu button.
- Tap the Share icon at the top of the menu.
- Under Send to Device, you will see a list of your synced devices.
- Select the device you want, and tap on it to send the tab.
- Open the sent tab by launching Firefox on your computer.
- Open the page you want to send.
- Tap the three dots button in the address bar.
- Tap Send to Device, and select the device you want to send the tab to.
- Open Firefox on your computer to view the tab.
How to Remove Synced Devices From Firefox
Want to remove a device from your list of synced devices in Firefox? Here’s how to do this:
- Open Firefox on your computer, and log in to your Firefox account.
- Go to https://accounts.firefox.com/settings to access your synced devices.
Click Sign out next to the device you want to disconnect.
Now, this device will no longer be listed when you share tabs.
Manage Your Tabs Like a Pro
Tab sharing is a convenient way to save certain tabs, or pick up where you left off on another device. However, if you send too many tabs across devices, your browser will get cluttered quickly.
That’s why it’s important to know how to properly manage your tabs. Knowing how to do so will help you reduce clutter and improve efficiency across the board.
With Google Chrome, you can share tabs from your phone to your computer, and vice versa.
About The Author