Looking to share webpages in Chrome more easily? Learn how to create a QR code to share a webpage in Chrome.
Google allows you to share a webpage via QR code in the Chrome browser. This feature is available by default and works on desktop, Android, and iOS.
Chrome’s QR generator was previously only available as an experimental feature in beta versions of the browser. To use it, you had to point your browser to chrome://flags, and then enable QR code sharing from there.
With Chrome, it’s easy to create QR codes from webpages with just a few clicks. Here’s how to share pages with QR codes in Chrome.
How to Create a QR Code in Chrome on Desktop
Creating a QR code to share a webpage in Chrome is easy to do from within the Chrome browser. Here’s what to do:
- Open your Chrome browser on your desktop or PC.
- Navigate to the webpage you want to share.
- Click to select the address bar and highlight the page URL.
Click on the QR code icon to your right to Create QR code for this page.
- You can scan the code using a QR scanner app on your phone or other camera apps.
- To download the QR code as a PNG file and share it with others, click Download.
- Enter Ctrl + J or open your downloads folder to view your downloads.
How to Create a QR Code in Chrome on Android and iOS
The process for sharing a webpage via QR code on Android is very similar to the desktop process.
- Open your Chrome browser on your Android phone or tablet.
- Navigate to the page you want to share.
- Next to the toolbar, tap the More button (the three dots).
- Tap Share…
- Tap on the QR code icon in the share sheet.
- To share the QR code with people nearby, let them scan the code.
- To download the code, click Download.
- To scan another QR code on another device, click Scan.
If you’re using an iOS device, the process is almost identical. Rather than the More button, you’ll find the Share button instead. Tap on this button, and then you’ll be able to tap the Share as a QR code button.
Start Creating Your Own QR Codes in Chrome
If you have a website with a long or complicated domain name, you can use Chrome to create a QR code that you can share. With a QR code, all that webpage visitors need to do is scan the code. And then voilà, they’re on your site! It’s a lot less hassle than typing out the full URL, that’s for sure.
There’s a QR code scanner pre-installed on both Android and iPhone. Here’s how to use it.
About The Author