Even in a digital world, we still order photo prints. Here’s how to order prints of your Google Photos with Shutterfly.
Shutterfly is a great website if you want physical photo prints or pictures printed on shirts, cups, coasters, magnets, etc. The best feature so far is that it connects to Instagram, Facebook, and Google Photos by default.
If you are looking for beautiful prints of photographs for an occasion, gifts, or to create an album, Shutterfly is the most popular digital service in the market. Here’s how to order photo prints on Shutterfly.
Uploading Images From Google Photos
- Visit Google Photos and sign in using your regular Google account.
The main Google Photos page shows all of your photos. Head to Albums in the left-hand side of your scree to help narrow down specific pictures.
- Once there, highlight all the photos you want to have printed, and select the Download button
- The selected photos will download to your computer. Most likely, the images will be downloaded in a zipped folder.
- In order to upload photographs to Shutterfly, you need to extract the pictures downloaded out of the zipped folder. Just double-click the zipped folder.
- Leave the folder open for now. This will make uploading to Shutterfly easier.
Head to Shutterfly and log in to your account. If you don’t yet have an account, you can sign up.
You will need an account if you wish to order for services from Shutterfly. The accounts are free to sign up for, and often come with joining bonuses or lucrative offers for customers.
If you’d rather not use a third-party service to print your photos, Google Photos offers an option to order prints of your photos using Google’s own Premium Print Services.
Uploading Images From the Computer
The process for uploading pictures sometimes differs depending upon the service you have chosen.
- Go to My Photos in the top right corner of your screen.
You can upload photos by clicking on the Upload button in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Shutterfly will show you a drop-down menu with four options: My Computer, Google Photos, Instagram, Facebook. You can also drag and drop the pictures to upload them.
- You can either drag all the pictures in your on folder to the main page or upload it by choosing My Computer in the Upload drop-down menu.
Similarly to Google Photos, you can also upload pictures from social media sites such as Instagram and Facebook. In fact, the process of linking your Shutterfly account is extremely easy. It is just a matter of two or three clicks for customers, back on the drop-down menu when uploading photos.
For customers in a hurry, there is no need to wait and upload pictures first. Instead, directly choose the template and the type of photo printing you require and work your way from there.
To make the process easier, you should select a print type, a template, and then personalize it by adding pictures and other elements.
To add photos, click on Add Photos at the bottom of the screen and then customize away!
Ordering Photos for Print
Once the pictures have been uploaded, select the ones you want to print.
- Once you’ve selected your photos, click on Order Prints.
You can choose from the different types of services you need. Shutterfly deals in all kinds of photo prints such t-shirts, canvas prints, and, of course, standard prints.
Choosing Shipment Type and Payment
Once you have chosen your photos and your desired printing options, you’re asked to decide on your pick-up or shipment type. Usually, customers have two options: either to pick up from a nearby store that is collaborating with Shutterfly, or get the photos shipped to your home address for a small delivery fee.
Once you’ve chosen your shipment option, it is time to pay. Choose your desired payment method, fill in the details, and wait for your order to be processed.
Using the Shutterfly App
The Shutterfly app is extremely handy and easy to work with. Unlike opening up a laptop and visiting a website to print out pictures, access to the app is just a few clicks away!
- Download Shutterfly from the App Store or Play Store, and open the app.
- Tap on Photos. At first, it might seem that the app displays pictures only from the smartphone. That is a convenient option, as most of the pictures clicked these days are taken on a smartphone.
- If you do wish to upload pictures from Google Photos, Instagram, or Facebook, go to the bottom left corner of the screen and tap on Store. By default, the app opens up local photos and shows other apps that can be connected with it.
Order Photo Prints and Relive Your Memories
With so many options and even an app that is extremely easy to use, your photo printing experience is bound to be wonderful. Moreover, you can upload and download pictures to print digital photos online.
Make your Google Photo printing experience hassle-free with numerous printing options on Shutterfly.
Shutterfly’s recent changes have made it much easier to manage and download all of your Shutterfly photos whenever you need them.
About The Author