If you’re considering Vivaldi Mail for your email, you’ll need to know how to set it. Here’s how to do that.
The Vivaldi Web Browser can be downloaded for free, and comes with a powerful email application built into the browser. You can solve the problem of managing multiple mail accounts. It allows you to manage emails from various accounts and control mailing lists and feeds with a single inbox.
If you’ve just got the browser and want to set up Vivaldi Mail, here’s how to do it.
Key Features of Vivaldi Email
Vivaldi manages all your mails by indexing them, thus making them searchable even offline. The main panel has eight sections:
- All Messages: This is the most important section, as most of the work is done here. It combines all feeds and mail folders, such as Unread, Received, Sent, Drafts, Outbox, Spam, and Trash. You can control each view by changing filtering buttons. For example, you can hide everything in the Unread view and only keep messages that haven’t been addressed.
- Custom Folder: With Vivaldi, you can make custom folders other than the default Inbox or Sent folders. You can also set filters for mails to separate them.
- Mailing List: Vivaldi can recognize a mailing list and place it in separate views. For example, you can make mailing lists for work or make a mass mailing list. You can also keep all essential folders open and close the other ones. By clicking on a parent folder, you will be able to see all the messages inside the folder.
Filters: Users can save search keywords as filters when they are required more often. Vivaldi is more functional with detailed filters and is consistently improving with more changes day by day.
- Flags: Vivaldi makes it easier to find emails, and flags are much useful while using other clients with Vivaldi Mail. Most users use starred messages, as it helps them manage their emails more effectively.
- Labels: Vivaldi Mail offers users the feature of synchronizing labels. They can set up Vivaldi Mail on another computer with the same tags.
- Feeds: All subscribed feeds are shown under this header.
- All Accounts: Users can find all their folders here throughout all email accounts.
Smart navigation with Vivaldi helps users to customize keyboard shortcuts. This feature allows you to work through emails faster. You can also use back or forward buttons to jump in through history and view your emails.
How to Set Up Vivaldi Mail
Vivaldi can be downloaded for free and allows users to keep mail folders in sidebar view while browsing through the web. It requires its own password to access information. Following are the simple steps to set up Vivaldi Mail:
Download the latest version of the Vivaldi browser from the website. Vivaldi offers the browser for Mac, Windows, and Linux.
Once downloaded, Vivaldi will open up to the welcome page. Select Fully Loaded, and then Mail will automatically open in the Vivaldi Panel. Now click Add Mail Account.
Enter your email address, then click Continue. Vivaldi supports Gmail, Microsoft Outlook, Fastmail, and more. The server details will be filled in automatically.
You will have to choose between using OAuth or Use App-Specific Password. The easiest way is to click on OAuth, and then a new window will open asking you to enter your password.
Once you’ve signed in and authorized your email account, your account is now ready to use with Vivaldi Mail.
Once an account has been created, the user can edit the sender’s name, signature, and other mail settings from the same window. After you have finished setting up your account, Vivaldi will start keeping your emails and contacts. You can also add your name, signature, and other required details under Mail Settings.
How Much Vivaldi Do You Want?
Vivaldi offers many features, and you can choose from one of the three default layouts: Essentials, Classic, or Fully Loaded.
The different layouts provide various levels of features, but all Vivaldi functionalities are available to access at any time, no matter what layout the user chooses.
- Essentials: This is the simplest interface of Vivaldi and serves as a private browser. It is suitable for users who want to keep up with ease and don’t require new features of Vivaldi
- Classic: This layout provides the user with additional panels and a status bar, helping them to get access to some of the most interesting features of Vivaldi
- Fully Loaded: Fully loaded is a mix of essentials and classics and includes everything. This layout also enables the new beta versions of Vivaldi Mail, Vivaldi Feed Reader, and Vivaldi Calendar
The additional features of Vivaldi Mail take it a step ahead of Google and Microsoft’s email competitors. That’s why so many people are now switching to Vivaldi Mail, with the key drawing factor being a focus on privacy
Get the latest version of Vivaldi and access it across multiple platforms to manage your multiple email accounts more efficiently.
Fed up with government and third-party surveillance of your emails? Protect your messages with a secure encrypted email service.
About The Author