From usernames and passwords to messages and personal information, people can learn a lot from your smartphone’s display. So, to protect your data, you should install a privacy screen protector.
These items will not only protect your phone’s screen from cracks and scratches, but they will also prevent those looking over your shoulder from peeking into your data.
So, to help protect your privacy, these are the best privacy screen protectors available right now.
ZAGG is well-known for its range of high-quality screen protectors, offering protection for a wide range of smartphones. The ZAGG InvisibleShield Glass Privacy Screen Protector for iPhone X is designed exclusively for Apple’s smartphone.
As such, it fits the device perfectly. Its design also ensures that it won’t interfere with any feature or function of the iPhone. You’re guaranteed a smooth and seamless experience with this screen protector.
They also include EZ Apply Tabs and an EZ Apply Tray so you can quickly and easily install this protector. Furthermore, if the ZAGG privacy screen gets damaged during the lifetime of your iPhone, the company will replace it.
- Custom fit for the iPhone X
- Oil-resistant layer to avoid smudges
- Smooth surface for comfortable touchscreen use
- Brand: ZAGG
- Compatibility: iPhone X, iPhone XS
- Can be ordered with an optional case
- 100 percent clarity at 90-degrees
- Precision touch sensitivity does not interfere with phone touchscreen
Spigen is one of the most popular brands when it comes to cases and screen protectors. The Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector for iPhone 12 Mini lives up to the company’s reputation for high quality.
One innovative feature this screen protector offers is its auto-alignment kit. You no longer have to slowly and carefully place the screen protector on your phone.
With the EZ Fit Tray, all you need is to clean your screen, remove the sticker, and place the tray on your phone. This guarantees that the privacy screen protector is perfectly positioned on your device the first time, every time.
The only downside is that it doesn’t protect the front camera lens. But if you use this with Spigen’s line of cases, you’re guaranteed that the protector and case mesh perfectly. This ensures a perfect fit and a high degree of protection for your iPhone.
- Comes with an auto-alignment installation kit for easy installs
- Tempered glass with rated for 9H hardness
- Designed to fit perfectly with all Spigen cases
- Brand: Spigen
- Compatibility: iPhone 12 Mini
- Perfect for Spigen case users
- No change in screen response times
- Installation done in five easy steps, no manual alignment required
- Doesn’t completely cover the front screen
The Fotbor Privacy Screen Protector is one of the value screen protectors for privacy. Although it’s similarly priced with other products, it comes as a three-pack. That gives you a lot of value with a single purchase.
One of the best features of this privacy screen protector is that it offers full coverage. Yes, it protects your screen, but it also protects your front camera without degrading image quality.
The provided alignment tool means that you can install this cleanly, even if you’re a total newbie. You don’t have to rely on trial and error to place your privacy screen protector on your iPhone. And even if you make a mistake and damage one protector, you still have two others available in the box.
This is one of the best privacy screen protector options for those on a budget. Not only does it provide a lot of value out of the box, but you can DIY the installation with the included tools.
- 28-degree privacy view
- Withstands up to 5kg of force
- Shatter-resistant edges
- Brand: Fotbor
- Compatibility: iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Included alignment tool for perfect installs
- Protects the front camera lens
- Comes in a pack of three
- Easily retains fingerprints
The Supershieldz Privacy Screen Protector for iPhone 12 and 12 Pro keeps your iPhone comfortable to hold. This due to the 2.5D rounded edge design, which avoids the sharp feel of regular screen protectors.
Another key feature this screen protector offers is its oleophobic coating. This ensures that your phone will not become a fingerprint magnet. With this installed, you can see your screen clearly even after using it all day long.
This option is a high-transparency, highly responsive protector. Even though there’s a layer of physical and privacy protection on your screen, you won’t feel it. This is especially true if you’re looking at it directly, while those around you won’t see much.
- 9H Hardness for high scratch resistance
- 2.5D rounded glass edges for a more comfortable grip
- Oleophobic coating prevents fingerprint smudges
- Brand: Supershieldz
- Compatibility: iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro
- Doesn’t gather fingerprints
- Comfortable to use with no sharp edges
- Avoids the rainbow effect common with other privacy screens
- Doesn’t protect the front camera
Not all screen protectors are compatible with phone cases. Some of them extend across the screen too much and interfere with the case. So, if you have a rugged case and still want privacy, consider the OTAO Privacy Screen Protector for iPhone 11 Pro Max.
This privacy screen protector is designed to fit right to the edge of most cases. This ensures that your phone is protected all over—from the rear to the front.
The protector’s edge won’t catch on your case, avoiding lifting and bubble-formation. The screen protector also covers the front of your iPhone 11 Pro Max completely. That means even your camera lens is covered, helping avoid damage to it in case of an accident.
- Compatible with most phone cases
- Provides full coverage across the front of the phone
- Clear with no noticeable dip in screen brightness
- Brand: OTAO
- Compatibility: iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS Max
- Comes with an easy-install tray
- Protects your screen and front camera
- Works with your phone case for complete protection
- Has no oleophobic coating
The JETech Privacy Screen Protector for iPhone 12 Pro offers a thin screen protector for those who want a discreet privacy screen. At only 0.33 mm, you’ll feel as if your phone doesn’t have a privacy screen installed.
It’s also flexible while remaining tough. This characteristic ensures that it can absorb and dissipate the forces applied to it. Its privacy coverage is also 30 degrees from side to side. This allows you to comfortably use your phone while preventing others from seeing your screen.
The only downside to this product is that it doesn’t include an installation tray. If you’re planning to get this, ensure that you have a steady hand or ask for help from someone who’s used to doing it.
- Ultra-thin glass layer at only 0.33 mm thick
- Dust and fingerprint-resistant
- Resists scratches up to 9H
- Brand: JETech
- Compatibility: iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro
- Thin, unobtrusive, and discreet design
- Flexible design absorbs and dissipates applied forces
- No installation tray included
If you’re on a budget, you won’t go wrong with the Ailun Privacy Screen Protector for the iPhone 12 Pro Max. It offers excellent protection while reducing your phone’s viewing angle for your privacy.
It has excellent clarity, so you don’t need to increase your phone’s brightness when you install it. At the same time, its surface is both hydro and oleophobic, ensuring that fingerprints and sweat won’t build up on your screen.
The only issue that you might encounter is that it doesn’t entirely cover the screen. This might be a problem if you don’t have a case. But if you have a phone case, this ensures that the case and screen protector won’t interfere.
- Compatible with most cases available for the iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Hydrophobic and oleophobic screen avoids smudges and watermarks
- Rounded edges with 99.9 percent touch accuracy
- Brand: Ailun
- Compatibility: iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Doesn’t build up fingerprints
- Maintains touch screen responsiveness
- Easy to install with video instructions
- Limited privacy when viewed from the top or bottom
Q: Are Privacy Screen Protectors Any Good?
Yes, privacy screen protectors are not just designed to protect your screen physically. They can also limit the viewing angles of your phone. This way, the people around you will not see the sensitive information on your phone.
Q: Will a Privacy Screen Protector Hide Cracks?
Unfortunately, if your phone already has cracks, it won’t hide it. The privacy screen protector may protect you against your screen’s shards. It may even prolong the time required before you need to replace it. But you will still need to change it.
Q: Do Privacy Screens Reduce Screen Quality?
Privacy screens do reduce screen quality, but depending on the brand, the effect is negligible. Most new screen protectors only lessen the brightness by one percent or so. However, other models reduce it noticeably. It’s best to check a protector’s reviews before purchasing to ensure you get what you want.
Q: Do Screen Protectors Reduce Screen Sensitivity?
No, most new screen protectors won’t reduce your screen sensitivity. However, you have to check if the screen protector you’re going to install is compatible with built-in fingerprint readers. Some brands require you re-register your prints on your phone, while others won’t work with it at all.
About The Author