We don’t need a national holiday to celebrate tequila—or craft cocktails featuring the blue agave plant for that matter. But if everyone’s ‘gramming their tequila-based libations on July 24th (National Tequila Day), we don’t want to be left behind. Which is why we hand-picked a few of our go-to tequila drink recipes that are not only pretty to look at, but even better to sip.
Related: 32 Girly Cocktails Perfect for Girls’ Night In
From classic margaritas and refreshing Palomas, to more adventurous thirst quenchers starring lavender, grapefruit, matcha and crème de cacao, here are 12 easy tequila cocktails to try this summer or all year round. Cheers!
Related: 10 Fun Facts for National Watermelon Day
Sweet Heat Margarita
- Muddle raspberries and combine other ingredients in a shaker with ice.
- Shake well and double strain into an ice-filled rocks glass.
- Garnish with raspberry skewer.
Tequila Herradura 19° North
- 2 oz Herradura Reposado
- 1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½-¾ oz agave nectar (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp of Sriracha sauce
- ½ oz of pineapple juice
- Combine all the ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake hard so that some of the ice melts, then strain over fresh ice.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
Related: 16 Creative Cocktails Anyone Can Make
A More Mexican Margarita
- 1¾ oz Casa Dragones Blanco
- ¾ oz Mandarin-Infused Giffards Triple Sec
- ½ oz lime juice
- Orange blossom water/mandarin salt (for garnish)
- Combine all ingredients over ice into a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
- Rim a low-ball old fashion glass with orange blossom/mandarin salt.
- Strain the ingredients over a large cube and serve.
Stir with ice, pour over fresh ice and garnish with orange rind.
- 2 oz Volcan de mi Tierra Cristalino Tequila
- ½ oz Crème de Cacao White
- ½ oz Triple Sec
- ¾ oz fresh lemon juice
- ½ oz simple syrup
- 4-5 dashes grapefruit bitters
- 1 oz soda water
- Dry shake tequila, triple sec, crème de cacao lemon juice, simple syrup and bitters for 1-2 minutes.
- Open the tin and add a large cube of ice and shake again for 1-2 minutes.
- Strain into a Collins glass and top with soda water.
- Express a grapefruit peel on top of the drink and garnish.
- 2 oz Camarena Silver
- 4 oz grapefruit soda
- ½ oz lime juice
- pinch of salt
- lime wheel (for garnish)
- mint sprig (for garnish)
- Add ingredients into a Collins glass filled with ice and stir together to combine.
- Garnish with lime wheel and sprig of mint.
Related: 10 Cocktails Perfect For a Holiday Brunch
- 2 oz Casamigos Blanco Tequila
- 1 ½ oz lavender syrup
- ½ oz fresh lemon juice
- ½ oz grapefruit juice
- 2 dashes lavender bitters
- Splash of grapefruit soda
- Lavender sprig (for garnish)
- Lemon peel (for garnish)
- Add all ingredients into a shaker and shake vigorously for 8-10 seconds.
- Strain into a Collins glass over fresh ice; top with grapefruit soda.
- Garnish with a lavender sprig and lemon peel.
- Combine ingredients in a blender pitcher and blend thoroughly.
- Pour into highball and garnish with Lime wedge.
- Combine tequila and oat milk in a cocktail shaker with ice; shake well.
- Strain contents into a highball glass over fresh ice.
- Top with cold brew coffee.
- Garnish with shaved hazelnut.
Matcha Made in Heaven
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice, shake and double strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with mint sprig.
Related: What’s a Glamour Shot Cocktail?
- Combine all ingredients, except orange peel, into mixing glass and stir.
- Strain into glass over ice.
- Finish with flamed orange peel.
Caliente con Nosotros Margarita
- 2 oz Nosotros Tequila Blanco
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- ½ oz agave syrup
- 2 muddled jalapeño coins
- Splash of sparkling water
- Build in shaker with ice, shake, then strain over ice.
- Top off with sparkling water.
Up next, easy-to-make CBD cocktails.