Python is a powerful programming language that is very popular and widely used. It has various real-world applications in data science, web development, artificial intelligence, data analytics, and much more.With so many available resources, knowing where to begin is sometimes overwhelming.
Learning Python can become even more confusing if you do not understand its basic building blocks. Without these fundamentals, you cannot build anything interesting. Luckily for you, though, we’ve compiled a list of free Python courses and apps that you can utilize to kickstart your Python career.
Keep reading to find out where you can learn Python free.
Where Can I Find a Free Python Course?
If you are someone who’s just started learning to code or are thinking about coding for the first time, then you’re going to need to start with the fundamentals. Perhaps you want to learn Python to start working as a freelancer, or maybe you’re thinking about a career change; whatever your reasons, maybe Python is a brilliant and versatile programming language that can help you achieve your personal goals.
For beginners looking for a free Python course, we recommend starting with the basic syntax and programming structure. Once you have acquainted yourself with the syntax, you can learn Python for a specific chosen area of interest.
You do necessarily need to master Python syntax; this is something that you will learn while working on different projects. We recommend learning Python 3, since Python 2 is an outdated version that is no longer supported.
Here are some courses and apps you can use to learn the basics of Python for free:
Be careful not to spend too much time learning the syntax, because this is something that you can always come back to. A few weeks of practicing the basic Python syntax should be more than enough. After getting the hang of the fundamentals, you can go ahead and start working on Python projects in an area that interests you.
Learn Python For Data Science
Python is the most popular programming language in data science and machine learning (ML); it can solve complex problems efficiently with the aid of dedicated data analysis libraries. The demand for data scientists keeps increasing exponentially. If you learn Python for data science, artificial intelligence (AI), or machine learning, it will help open many career opportunities for you.
Bear in mind that data science is a vast field, and you need to learn many different skills to have a successful career in this area. These skills can include machine learning, text analysis, social network analysis techniques, information visualization, standard Python libraries such as Pandas, NumPy, and more.
Here are some free data science-related python courses that you can use to kickstart your career as a data scientist:
- Applied Data Science with Python Specialization: This course specialization is offered by the University of Michigan on Coursera, and will teach you data analysis skills and apply data science methods and techniques. The specialization includes five different courses that cover a range of different data science techniques.
- Python Basics for Data Science: Offered by IBM on edX, this course will teach beginners the basics of Data Science and enable them to work on independent projects.
- Python for Data Science, AI & Development: This course specialization is offered by IBM on Coursera and is comprehensive. It will cover Python basics, data structures, Python libraries, and APIs, and data collection.
- Introduction to Computational Thinking and Data Science: This course is available for free on MIT OpenCourseWare and is a good place for students to understand the basics of Data Science and its application.
Please note that on Coursera, some courses are free and will provide you with a completion certificate at the end of the course. Other courses are paid, but you can still learn for free if you choose to audit the course. If you choose to audit a course, Coursera will not provide you with a completion certificate—but you will have access to the entire course content.
Learn Python for Web Development
Here are some free courses you can use to learn web development in Django:
- A Beginners Guide to Django at Udemy: This free course on Udemy will take you through the basics of Django and get you started with building websites.
Learn Python Free for Hardware and Robotics
Python is very popular in applications for robotics and hardware engineering. You can utilize platforms such as Raspberry Pi and Arduino for coding with Python.
Here are some courses that can help learn Python for Robotics and Hardware:
Your Next Free Python Course Is Just a Few Clicks Away
Learning Python is never a bad idea, regardless of your reasons. Coding is a vital skill in the fast-growing technology world of today, and Python is at the center of it.
It is best to start with the basic syntax and then dive into small Python projects. Once you are comfortable with the fundamentals of Python, you should start looking into courses and projects of your interest. Hands-on practice with projects will allow you to master your skills and be a valuable addition to your resume.
You can’t learn to code for free. Unless you give these tried and tested resources a go, of course.
About The Author