You can find dozens of paid or free SWOT analysis apps on the internet. However, choosing the right application is crucial to performing the appropriate SWOT analysis for your growth.
In this article, you’ll learn about the best SWOT analysis apps that you can use to analyze your project planning.
MindView is an excellent SWOT analysis tool from MatchWare. It offers a three-step process for SWOT analysis creation:
- Create the SWOT mind map in the MindView canvas.
- Add notes, comments, and related data.
- Share, Export, or Save As the mind map in a file format that you prefer.
The app also helps you convert the SWOT analysis file into a slideshow file format for business presentation purposes.
MindView is available as a web-based app as well as a downloadable application for Windows and macOS devices. You can virtually obtain the SWOT analysis for free with its 30-day free trial.
Canva is a high-end graphic designing app that also offers a mind map drawing feature. Moreover, you’ll find many business-relevant SWOT analysis templates in Canva. The best advantage of the app is that you can personalize your SWOT report with in-house pictures and graphics.
Here’s where it gets good: you can further modify your SWOT analysis by using stock image background, image filters, image compositing, and cropping. The result will be a more professional and presentable SWOT analysis.
Canva is a free web-based app. You can access your SWOT analysis from anywhere, any time, and any device. By clicking the Share button on the app, you can send anyone an encrypted link to view your project planning.
Download: Canva for Windows (Free)
SWOT is not only a SWOT analysis tool, but it’s a complete business suite that enables you to devise a successful growth strategy. SWOT is a web-based app and allows you to access your SWOT analysis project from any device or wherever you are.
You can create your SWOT analysis for free in this app. You also get free benefits like file exporting, collaborative voting, creating reports from any device for unlimited projects.
It’s super easy to create a SWOT analysis file in SWOT by following these steps:
- Set a clear objective or mission for your project planning.
- Enter the relevant data for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats, as per your project planning model.
- The app will then suggest three priorities for your project planning for the next 90 days based on the input data.
Visme is a complete suite that you can use to create graphics, infographics, and mind maps. You can either install the app on your computer or access it through web browsers. The app is available for free with limited features like 100 MB storage, limited templates, up to five projects, etc.
You can quickly make a professional SWOT analysis file, either using the pre-built templates or the mind map editor tool. However, Visme SWOT analysis templates are much more attractive and take a couple of minutes for report creation.
- After you sign up for free, click on Create New.
- Then under the New Projects section, choose Charts and Graphs.
- On the Search bar, type SWOT to find several pre-built templates for SWOT analysis.
- Select any template and click on Edit to open the workspace.
- Once you make the necessary changes, you can quickly Present, Share, or Download the SWOT analysis.
Creately is a diagram drawing app that allows team members to collaborate intuitively. As a part of its mind map drawing feature, the app enables you to create SWOT analysis reports. The app comes with more than 1000 smart shapes, numerous themes, and styles. As a result, you can create a SWOT analysis from scratch for project planning easily.
Creately also offers carefully crafted free SWOT analysis templates that match many business models. After you sign up for free, follow these steps to create a SWOT analysis:
- Click on Create a Workspace and then select Brainstorm Ideas from the Templates list.
- Now click on the Use button of the SWOT analysis template.
- You may now edit the template using objects available at the left-side panel.
- You can either Share or Export files as PNG, JPEG, PDF, etc.
Lucidchart is one of the best virtual whiteboards that let you draw complex and professional mind maps like SWOT analysis. This app allows you to create a SWOT analysis for your project planning and collaborate with your team. You’ll find these features in the free plan:
- There are three editable documents with up to 60 objects or shapes in each file.
- Free 100 templates for different mind maps and flow charts.
- App integration and collaboration at a basic level.
Besides the mind map creator for SWOT analysis, there are a few business-grade templates for you to try. After you sign up to Lucidchart, follow these steps to create your first SWOT analysis file:
- Click on New, and then under Lucidchart select Create from Template.
- In the Search templates box, you can type SWOT and then choose the free template that shows up.
- Now click on Use Template to open the Lucidchart drawing canvas.
- You can export your SWOT report as PDF or JPEG files or share it with the collaborators.
Using Confluence, a team workspace, you can create project planning documents using SWOT analyses. Small businesses or freelancers working as a team can sign up for a free subscription with Confluence.
After you sign up for free, you can create a SWOT analysis report by following these steps:
- Click on Templates on the top menu bar and then type SWOT in the Search Templates box.
- Select the SWOT analysis template that shows up and go through the description to learn strategies.
- Once ready, click on Use template to access an editable SWOT draft file.
- You can enter data relevant to your project in the bulleted fields and click Publish when it’s ready.
- You’ll see further options like Share, Export to Word, Export to PDF, etc.
Use SWOT Analysis Apps for Project Planning Growth
A SWOT analysis requires top-level technical skills and a significant amount of time. However, with any of the apps mentioned in this article, you can easily produce a SWOT analysis report for your project planning.
If your business involves freelancers or consultants, consider using Cloze to get better at management.
About The Author