After the contouring trend, strobing is taking over the internet by storm. It is all about using a strobe cream or moisturizer to create a natural-looking, radiant glow. This technique has been around for a few years, but it has recently become popular again as people these days are embracing the natural look. Hot celebs like Bella Hadid, Kylie and Kendall Jenner, Deepika Padukone, Sonakshi Sinha, and others have jumped on the strobing bandwagon and are rocking the red carpet with their incredible looks.
Here’s all you need to know if you also want to hop on.
What Is Strobing?
Strobing is a makeup technique where you apply a strobe cream on the top of your cheekbones, nose, and on the corners of your eyes to create that ‘glow from within’ effect. It can be used as a highlighter or a foundation base to get a natural and subtle glow.
Why Are Strobe Creams Trending?
- Brightens complexion: Makeup is a way to transform and highlight facial features. And that’s what these strobe moisturisers and creams do. They make the skin look brighter and more radiant. Using a strobe cream like Lotus Makeup Proedit Silk Touch Glow Strobe Cream SC2 Pink after applying a full face of makeup would give your look a beautiful sparkle and glow suitable for festive occasions.
- Add highlighter to makeup: Some people use strobe cream as a foundation base to achieve a subtle glow. This look is ideal for day-to-day occasions where you have to carry a no-makeup look. Then, you can use a strobe cream to achieve a hydrated and nourished skin look. Try the Lotus Makeup Proedit Silk Touch Glow Strobe Cream SC1 Gold for a subtle shine underneath your makeup. The product is formulated with natural ingredients such as Japanese Sakura, white mulberry, and Vitamin E that will hydrate, soothe your skin and protect it from free radical damage.
- Makes features stand out: Makeup can make the prominent features stand out. When applied strategically to the facial bone structure, the strobe cream can create an illusion of having a sharp jawline and cheekbones. These features, when prominently highlighted can look incredibly flattering. Similarly, collarbones and shoulder blades can also look a lot enhanced if properly highlighted with a strobe moisturiser.
- Makes skin appear younger and fresher: Summers call for fresh makeup looks, and for those times, a strobe cream would be the perfect tool. A strobe cream makes your skin look more healthy, youthful, and fresh by highlighting and adding radiance. Especially for people with dull skin, strobe cream can do wonders.
How To Use A Strobe Cream?
The use of a strobe cream would depend on your makeup skills and the occasion you are planning to go to. There are specific ways you can use a strobe cream that help you achieve different levels of glow and highlight.
- As a moisturiser: For an everyday makeup look, use the strobe cream as a moisturiser to hydrate the skin and get a subtle glow for the rest of your day. It will give an illusion of a healthy and youthful glow from within. You can use the Lotus Makeup Proedit Silk Touch Glow Strobe Cream that perfectly highlights and nourishes your face.
- As a highlighter: It is the most common use for strobe creams: highlighting specific areas of the face to make them look brighter. You can apply it to add a radiant glow to your cheekbones, nose bridge, temples and cupid’s brows.
- Mixed with the foundation: Mix your strobe cream with a foundation and apply it to the face similar to how you would apply a base. This would turn your regular foundation into a brightening base. After that, go about your usual makeup application steps. The final result would be a noticeable glow from within. This technique is quite popular amongst the younger generation, who do not want to look overtly glammed up and focus on minimalistic makeup applications.
Strobe cream or strobe moisturiser is an excellent product when you need a little boost in your everyday look or want to shine out on occasions: it all depends upon the application. Before buying a strobe cream, read the list of active ingredients on the label. This would help you steer clear of products manufactured with harmful and chemical-based ingredients. Instead, choose a brand that makes organic and natural products that benefit your skin.