In today's world, with so many movies available to watch, it can be overwhelming to decide which movie to watch. There's nothing worse than spending hours scrolling through streaming platforms or browsing movie reviews, trying to figure out which movies to watch only to run out of the time you had to watch them in the first place.
In this article, we'll explore some ways to figure out which movies to watch and help the decision-making process easier.
Seven Tips To Figure Out Movies To Watch
- Ask for recommendations: You can ask your friends, family, or co-workers for recommendations. They might have watched something you haven't and enjoyed it, or they might know your taste in movies and suggest something that fits your preferences. You can also join online movie groups or forums to get suggestions from movie lovers.
- Check out movie reviews: Movie reviews can be a great way to get an idea of what to expect from a movie. You can read movie reviews from reputable sources like Rotten Tomatoes, IMDb, and Metacritic. These sites provide aggregated ratings and reviews from both critics and viewers, giving you a better idea of whether a movie is worth your time or not.
- Browse Genres: consider the genre of movie you're in the mood for. Are you in the mood for a thriller, comedy, or romance? Browse through different genres and choose the one that interests you. If you know what genres you enjoy, check out genre-specific movie lists on websites like IMDb. This will give you a list of movies that are similar to the genre you like.
- Look for Award-winning movies: check out award-winning movies from the Academy Awards, Golden Globes, Oscars, and Other film festivals. These movies are usually well-crafted, critically acclaimed, and worth watching.
- Consider the actors/directors: if you have a favorite actor or director, check for movies they have starred in or directed; this can be a great way to discover new movies that you might have not heard of.
- Read movie blogs or watch YouTube channels: There are many blogs and YouTube channels dedicated to providing movie recommendations and reviews. You can find Bloggers or YouTubers whose taste aligns with yours and follow their recommendation.
- Go old school: Consider watching classic movies that you might have missed. You can look up movie classics from different tickets and choose the one you have not seen yet.
Other Ways to Select a Movie to Watch
Aside from the movie selection tips explained, there are other ways to figure out the movie to watch, some of which include:
- Take out notes: if you see a movie that you find interesting for a later time write them down so you can check it out later.
- Check out streaming platforms: Explore different streaming platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and others. They offer a vast selection of movies. You can browse through different categories or use their recommendation, trending lists, and user ratings to find movies that match your interests.
- Use movie recommendation websites: Try websites like TasteDive or Letterboxd, which recommend movies based on your previous viewing history or your preferences.